Our Christmas

Three kids were beyond excited for Christmas Eve to finally be here.

They were able to maintain relative calm long enough to light the final candle and have our Christmas Eve devotional.

Pure magic.

Our Christmas Eve tradition of watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

We are in a new phase of gift-giving with a teenager who only wants clothes.

Sariah has a horse-themed Christmas, with almost all her gifts being horse-related, including this riding helmet.

Preston had "wheat grinder" on his list and was thrilled when he got one.

More clothes.

Building with his Keva planks.

Grinding.

Painting.

Handsome kids!  (I paid them to take this picture.)




I decided to extend the Christmas season this year until January 6th, which is Three Kings' Day.  We rearranged the nature table so that the Wise Men could now travel the path to the stable.




Preston and Sariah enjoyed the Russian story of Baboushka, a folk legend about a woman who is invited to travel with the Three Kings and is too busy to go, but then spends the rest of her life looking for them and the Christ Child.

We ended with a Parisian-style Three Kings' Cake, which is really a pastry filled with almond paste, with three beans hiding in the cake.

All in all it was a good Christmas.  Sariah proclaimed it "the best Christmas we've ever had".  

Comments

quailene said…
Is that your Haba nativity? I love it so much!
Lisa said…
I bought that one from the OneStepAhead catalog a few years ago. I don't think they have it anymore.
Catherine said…
Thanks for sharing your Christmas photos, I enjoyed the post. I can't imagine my ds wanting clothes for Christmas - what a change that will be! Lucky Sariah, I would have loved a horse-themed Christmas at her age too. And you know you're Waldorf when your son asks for a wheat grinder for Christmas :-) Happy New Year to you all, Cathy