After an entire year of fairy tales, I decided to turn to some second grade material and share with Sariah some of the Anansi the Spider trickster tales from West Africa. Judging by how much she adored these stories and how hard she laughed every time I told one, I'd say she was ready for this. She did some really nice summaries and drawings in her main lesson book. She generally has a lot to say and knows just exactly how she wants to say it.
The little drawings on the writing portion of her work are creative attempts to cover up mistakes, since we use no erasers. The "golden path" helps her to keep her writing straight, and the yellow stars help her remember to put space between each word.
We did beeswax modeling of the "gum man" in the above story. Mine is on the left, Sariah's on the right.
Comments
Hope you find some time to relax between moving home, and planning out your next year.
Good luck with the move, Cathy