On November 11th, our homeschool group celebrated the German festival of Martinmas.
Just a few days prior to Martinmas, we celebrated Preston's 3rd birthday. His birthmom was able to join us for his party. Preston is obsessed with trains, so the party theme was a given. I had to make do with being on a tight budget and having little time to prep, but I think he was beyond happy with the celebrations.
A book from grandma with a little toy train that actually drives around the track.
Dallin and Preston had fun raking leaves. (Preston's face has black marks because his sister drew on him with a marker. It's kind of a theme at our house. Preston's face gets decorated a lot.)
See what I mean?
She did this for 20 minutes non-stop. She adores touching things... all kinds of things.
For Halloween, Sariah was a Snow Princess since the neighbors gave us a beautiful dress. She decided she wanted to have curlers in her hair since I'd told her stories about when I was little and we wore curlers, and she faithfully wore these all day even though they were driving her crazy.
It was worth it, because her hair turned out like THIS:
Preston was a chef, and this was literally the only split-second moment that the chef hat touched his head. I barely got a picture.
See, one second later, no chef hat!
In other random Autumn moments, Preston painted... again.
Sariah and Preston helped me grind grain:
We picked pumpkins:
All in all, it was a wonderful season!
Comments