I know, I know... everybody goes on trips. Well, we don't. At least, not very often. Not big long trips to other states. But this year we took a big, long trip. We attended a family reunion outside of Seattle and decided to turn it into a 9-day adventure. We traveled with my mom and my brother and his wife and family, and we met up with a couple of other siblings when we got there. It was nine days of a whole lot of fun, and I'm so stoked from doing it that I'm already plotting how we could save the money to go on another one in a few years. (I'm dreaming of Boston, Cape Cod, and Maine...)
So forgive me for boring you, but I plan to post plenty of pictures. Because, like I said, we don't do this very often, and I don't want to forget it.
First stop was Twin Falls, Idaho. Once upon a time, we lived there. It's been almost 10 years, and this was the first time we'd been back. Kind of sad, considering we live only a few hours away. It was a blistering 101 degrees outside, but we couldn't pass through without showing our children the Snake River Canyon.
This child canNOT resist water!
These were amazing mud nests built right into the canyon wall--and they have little baby birds inside!
Comments