Shameless bragging


First off, Dallin, inspired by some homeschooling friends who were selling peg gnomes, decided that he wanted to make money too.  He decided to knit and sell beanbags and washcloths.  So far, Mom has spent $13.50 on knitted items that she herself has helped make.  Isn't that how it goes!  With that said, I am very proud of Dallin.  He has gotten better each time, and his last bean bag and his washcloth had no holes in them.  In spite of the look on his face, he actually really enjoys knitting.  I'm sad I didn't get him going on it earlier (Sariah will be starting in the fall at age 7), but I myself am not a great knitter and wasn't ready to help him.  If anyone wants to buy either bean bags or washcloths, he will glady accept your business!  I think he is charging $2.50 per bean bag and $3.50 per wash cloth.  (It might be more on the washcloths...I'm not sure.)

Last fall I decided that I wanted to needlefelt a story mat and characters to use with Sariah in retelling our first grade stories.  Like most projects that I begin, it has taken me longer than expected to finish, but I can finally say that I have the story mat finished as well as a man and woman figure, all ready to use this next week as we tell the story of The Fisherman and His Wife.  Hopefully by the week after that, I will have a king and a princess ready to go.  I got the initial idea from the Ancient Hearth blog--she made a mat for the same purpose.  I then googled and got lots of idea for play mats, and took the ideas I liked best to make my own.  I chose evergreen trees for the multitude of fairy tales that involve a deep, dark forest.   It has a meadow, river, sea or lake, and rocky cave area... so this should cover lots of different settings found in fairy tales.






 




Comments

Carrie said…
I am so impressed with your play mat!
One Fish said…
It's beautiful Lisa.