Both older kids had birthdays in July. It is so hard to believe that Sariah is six and Dallin is ten years old! It makes me feel old!
This is cake #2. Cake #1 collapsed at 10:00 the night before, after three hours' work on Mom's part. But you know, I wasn't even upset. I told Sariah we could either laugh or cry, and it was more fun to laugh. And the next morning she got the fun of going to the store and picking out the kind of cake that Mom would have talked her out of had I been making it and had I had more time. So it was a win for Sariah!
Sariah fulfilled her dream of owning a bike to replace the one she got for her birthday two years ago, which made it a whole 2 months before getting run over by the neighbor's car. Sariah learned to ride a 2-wheeler without training wheels a few months ago, and she's been in heaven with bike #2.
Dallin's birthday clearly had a theme (the same theme as all birthdays and holidays in Dallin-land). Dallin is extremely easy to please--as long as it is blue or white or says BYU on it, he's thrilled! He did design his own cake, which ended up being the easiest cake I've ever made. (Zoey is our dog.)






Comments