May Day

Yesterday, Sariah and I went to our Waldorf homeschool group's May Day festival. 


Everyone brought fresh flowers and each child had a newly-made wreath to wear.


 I didn't post a picture of the children dancing around the maypole because I didn't feel comfortable posting pictures of other people's children on my blog, and there weren't any pictures that were just of Sariah.  But she had a wonderful time!  They learned a fun spring song about frogs in Swedish.  Sariah made some new friends and had a blast running around.  We had a delicious potluck lunch with many spring foods such as strawberries, ambrosia, pink cookies, etc.  It really was a lovely day (even though the weather was not so lovely).

Our homeschool group is newly formed, just starting this past fall.  It is such a blessing to have this sense of community.  Last year I was completely on my own, didn't know a single other Waldorf homeschooler in real life.  Now, just nine months later, we have a group with around 60 members that is growing steadily.   We don't live near where most of the action takes place, so we can't always make it to the many activities that are being planned.  But when we can go, it has been so much fun to talk with others who have chosen this particular educational path for their children.

Comments