We're having spring break this week, so maybe--just-maybe--I can get caught up on some blogging! Life is really good, just really busy. I suppose I'll start with the most recent. Spring is in the air, and we've been taking advantage of it by planting and getting ready for Easter.
For one of our most recent kindergarten circle times, I told the story of The Violet from Suzanne Downs' Spring Tales. It's a tale of a little mouse looking for some springtime friends and the shy violet who is growing in the meadow next to him.
The second day I told the story, Sariah decided to draw it while I told it.
She really loves circle time! Many people have said it's hard to do with just one child, but she adores the one-on-one attention and most of the songs, verses, and stories have been hits.
The other amazing thing is how many of the kindergarten-style activities are enjoyed by Dallin as well! Below, we planted basil in eggshells. Hopefully they will sprout before Easter.
Then we planted wheatgrass in our Easter baskets. We did it last year, and I wasn't sure they would want to do it again, but given the choice they both opted for the live grass. Preston's basket has been dumped (by Preston) at least three times since being planted, so I think his will not have wheatgrass in it.
We also planted these dish gardens. It's just potting soil sprinkled with grass seed, which we've been misting every day. We put the shells in as "ponds" and will fill them with water after the grass grows up around them. We then put the eggshell basil plants in the gardens. This week we will try to make some beeswax ducks and bunnies too. Sariah's garden is way behind Dallin's because Preston has dumped it twice. Notice a theme here?
But our spring/Easter nature table still looks so beautiful! I cannot find our wooden rabbit or or wooden lamb to put on it, it's driving me crazy that I don't know where they are!
We are taking two weeks for spring break. This week is for general house-cleaning and all the fun Easter and family activities. Next week my plan is to clean out the basement and then get the yard all cleaned up and the garden ready to plant.






Comments