Recent random pictures


This is really blurry, but it's such a great slice-of-life pic!  You wouldn't know it from behind, but Sariah was actually have a huge meltdown in this picture, and I was trying exceedingly hard to be a kind and patient mother!

Sharing a laugh.  I look like a dork, but we were having so much fun!

Cutie pie!

Preston's 5-month birthday

Watching the sibling relationships has been one of the most rewarding things about having our cute little Preston here with us.  His big sister and brother ADORE him!

Comments

Linnea said…
Great pictures! Where's Dallin?
RasJane said…
I agree about the sibling relationships. Those are amazing to watch grow and develop over time. Thanks for the pictures--you have such a neat family.
Lisa said…
Dallin's behind the camera in a lot of these. Plus, I figured he gets so many pictures with all our homeschooling activities, I'd better prove to the world that I really do have other kids too!
One Fish said…
Preston is getting so big!
Laine said…
Lisa, I know the feeling of being alone. My whole year has been spent feeling that way - stuck home doing a sub-par curriculum. We've found a local tjed homeschool group and I'm realizing there are a lot of homeschooling moms in the surrounding areas of where we live. I'm excited! I hope you can find something similar, it has really made such a huge difference for ALL of us. our "Juniors" group has almost 50 kids in it! They meet once per week for 2 and a half hours. They share science projects, a little science lesson and then split into girls and boys "Love of Learning" groups where they do fun activities. I love that picture of you laughing. It's such a great snapshot of emotion. S's face is precious in that one.
Lisa said…
We have lots of homeschoolers in my area (though not in my ward), but NOBODY is doing Waldorf around here. If I were doing TJEd, I'd have tons of support and groups to go to, but with Waldorf there is literally nothing local. I'm not even sure if there is anything in the state of Utah. I do belong to my local home educators yahoo group, but listening to the discussions, I don't feel like I fit with most of them. Most people around here are doing K12, TJEd, or just a pretty traditional school-ish curriculum. And our curriculum is just so totally different than all of those. Sigh.

I'm not generally one to feel like I "need" people or friends or anything, but lately it sure has been getting to me how isolating it is when nobody can speak your language, and you no longer speak theirs.