The short of it: Preston is here! He arrived 1.5 weeks early, last Sunday, November 7th. (I might take some of these details off the blog later just for privacy's sake...) I got to be at his birth, and it was pretty amazing for my first (and probably only) birth to witness, to have it be a practically flawless, short, unmedicated birth. His birthmom was amazing, and watching her and her mom interact during labor was really incredible.
Placement happened two days later, on Tuesday. It was short, sweet, intense, and tender. Too tender to really share, except to say once again that his birthom rocks!
 |
| In the hospital, a few hours after birth. |
 |
| Meeting Daddy for the first time. |
 |
| Meeting Sariah on placement day. |
 |
| And Dallin too: I love his expression! |
 |
| Our first family photo. |
 |
| Ah, home at last... |
 |
| Getting to know each other. |
 |
| I call this one "view from the breastpump". |
 |
| Preston and big sis. |
 |
| Preston and big sis. (Notice a theme going on here?) |
 |
| Dallin and Sariah argue over who gets to hold him. |
 |
| No words needed.... |
 |
| I love this picture! |
 |
| "I have hands!" |
 |
| Say "ah"... |
 |
| Sweetness! (I just wish I could airbrush the dirty dishes out of the background...but isn't that the reality of life? Precious moments interspersed with daily life?) |
 |
This just about sums up my week.
|
Comments
nemiha