Sariah came hurrying in today to show me what she had written--her very first letter! She did this all by herself; we haven't worked on letters specifically (I'm sure half my family are aghast to know that...) Anyway, I was complimenting her on what she had done, when she told me excitedly, "Yes, it's for UTES!"
Anyone who has read my blog for awhile knows that one person in our family is an avid--no, rabid-- BYU fan. That person could hardly bear the thought that BYU lost to Utah by one point in Saturday's game. I have a visiting teacher who is a Utes fan who loves to tease him about the rivalry, and they have great discussions every single time she comes visiting teaching.
Well, Sariah has been absorbing this passion, for lack of a better term, for awhile now. And you know, not only do schools need a rivalry, but so do siblings! So the other day, Sariah came to me with a secret. "Don't tell Dallin," she whispered, "But I really like Utes!"

Comments