A belated Halloween post

 We told spooky stories and recited fun Halloween verses each day.

 We painted...

 ... pumpkins.  The pumpkins were the surprise at the end of the painting story.  The children didn't know it was going to be a pumpkin.  I did mine--the bottom one--first while telling the story, then they got to experiment with it.  These paintings are also color-mixing exercises, made completely from the colors red, yellow, and blue.

 We carved pumpkins.

 We dressed up.   I won't even go into the long, dramatic saga of the costume Dallin and I had this year.  Let's just say that boys want scary horror--moms don't.  So he decided to be a ninja while carrying a reaper's axe (or whatever that is).

We went trick-or-treating.  At least some of us did.  I preferred to stay home and out of the rain.

The Halloween Fairy came to visit!  After filling his bucket at the ward trunk-or-treat, and then filling it again after three hours of trick-or-treating with a friend the next night, we knew we wouldn't be able to live with Dallin we kept up our regular tradition of just binging on candy till it was gone.  So he left all but 20 pieces to the Halloween Fairy, who made it worth his while by leaving 10 dollars under his pillow in exchange.  (About three days later he wanted to switch and get his candy back, but it was too late.)

Comments