Dallin's Big Day

Well, he did it. My little boy went and grew up and got baptized! Can you believe it? Well, neither can I!
Here he is so excited and proud standing next to his Dad.

Dallin got baptized with one of his good friends, and they were so cute together, trying to outdo each other answering the questions that were asked of them during the talks. While the boys were changing their clothing, we had everybody sing favorite Primary songs that they'd selected, and the spirit was amazing! As a mom, how are you supposed to sit there and sing "I Love to See the Temple, I'm Going There Someday" and "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" after you've just watched your little boy get baptized? I've always thought baptisms were a bit on the dull side, but it's so different when it's your own child! I had to try not to cry.

Doesn't he look SO snazzy in his new suit? (He told me not to call him "snazzy", but it's the best word...)

Our little family.

Dallin with Grandma. (He actually let her put her arm around him.)
We had a lot of family over for hamburgers, hot dogs, and (Dallin's pick) pie. I think he loved his special afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to find out that lots of people give you presents on your baptism day.

This is just a cute little add-on of Sariah playing house with her cousin L.

What a happy day! Yes, I am the very PROUD momma!

Comments

Linnea said…
Love the pictures--wish we could have been there!! We're happy it all went well!!!
One Fish said…
How exciting! I'm sorry we missed it.
Stacy said…
Congratulations, Dallin! And look he even looked at the camera! What a wonderful day that must have been for you- when abby got baptized, it felt like a huge payday. Congratulations to you too, Lisa. Your family is beautiful.
Nemmer said…
Congratulations! Looks like it was a great day!