My baby is four!
(Be forewarned: there are tons of pictures ahead that probably aren't of interest to anyone but me. But I'm blogging them anyway!)
We had Sariah's first "friends" party today, and despite the past two days of stress for Mommy, it went off without a hitch! We decided on a fairy theme. Well, technically, Mom picked the theme, and Sariah had various opinions about it, including telling me the other day that she did NOT want a fairy party, she wanted a "girl football party". But at that point, it was too late. Luckily, once she saw me making all the frilly little fairy things, she started to get excited about it all.
The fairy ring cake. At about 9:00 last night I decided against making all the flowers and leaves out of gum paste, and chose to stick silk ones in there instead. Wise idea, I'm telling you. I think I would still be making little flowers and leaves out of gum paste!
Our little "fairy food" luncheon: strawberries dipped in white chocolate, banana chips, coconut curls, raspberries, raisin, and cream cheese/strawberry jam sandwhiches. I got little glass dishes at the thrift store for .25-1.00 apiece. The strawberries, raspberries, and sandwiches were a hit, everything else not so much. But hey, it looked good.
Hunting for fairy treasure. Dallin was thrilled to accept the assignment of hiding all sorts of little colored stones, jewels, etc. all over the front yard. We gave the kids little organza bags to put their "treasure" in.
More treasure-hunting. I made fairy flower crowns for the girls (most didn't stay on long) and gnome hats for the boys. Dallin was actually totally excited to wear his, in fact, what he really wanted was to dress up as Santa Claus. Because, you know, fairies=elves=Santa Claus... He also thought I should let him dress up as a troll and scare the little kids. Yeah.
We made balancing butterflies. Yes, I let the kids paint. No, it wasn't a pain, and no, it wasn't messy. They painted their butterflies, dried them, and then we taped coins to the backs of the wings, and they balance on your fingertips.
Playing "Fairy, Fairy, Troll" (aka duck, duck, goose).
Doing the "Fairy Frolic" (aka dancing and trying to freeze when the music turns off).
My beautiful fairy gets ready to blow out her candles.
On her new bike! (And yeah, I stooped to allowing Disney princesses in my home because this bike was such a good deal at a yard sale...)
(Be forewarned: there are tons of pictures ahead that probably aren't of interest to anyone but me. But I'm blogging them anyway!)
We had Sariah's first "friends" party today, and despite the past two days of stress for Mommy, it went off without a hitch! We decided on a fairy theme. Well, technically, Mom picked the theme, and Sariah had various opinions about it, including telling me the other day that she did NOT want a fairy party, she wanted a "girl football party". But at that point, it was too late. Luckily, once she saw me making all the frilly little fairy things, she started to get excited about it all.
A good day! And now I get to do it all over again next week for Dallin's birthday. It's nice to only do parties every four years, but I'll always have both kids having parties the same year. I'm pooped!
Comments
Happy birthday Sariah!
P.S. A girl football party, huh? That would be really interesting to see.