Today we divided according to gender... James took Dallin to soccer and to see How to Train Your Dragon, and I took Sariah to Thanksgiving Point to the Lamb and Wool Festival.
Every time we read the delightful little book Pelle's New Suit, Sariah wants to know what carding is, and spinning, and weaving. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for her to see it up close and personal.
Naturally, carding and spinning and weaving, while fun for a few minutes, took a big backseat to petting, feeding, and riding all the animals that were there.





Every time we read the delightful little book Pelle's New Suit, Sariah wants to know what carding is, and spinning, and weaving. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for her to see it up close and personal.
Naturally, carding and spinning and weaving, while fun for a few minutes, took a big backseat to petting, feeding, and riding all the animals that were there.
Getting to watch a sheep be sheared was pretty cool, as was seeing a sheep dog herd some sheep. Getting her finger nipped by a rooster was not so cool, but it did make her more careful about how she fed the fowl. I was not impressed by the felted soap we made. Having done wet-felting myself at home with the kids, I knew that what we were doing was not quite how it is done. Simply wrapping the wool around the soap and dipping it in water does not make it felt. But I guess you have to make concessions when you're planning an activity for hundreds of kids.
All in all, girls' day out was as success.
Comments