Easy Easter/Spring project

Growing wheatgrass is so easy and fun!

Step One: Put potting soil in a container. We used a glass bowl. Next year I think I'll use the kids' actual Easter baskets!

Step Two: Put wheat kernels (the very same ones you make bread with) thickly all over the surface of the soil. For the first day or so, cover with plastic wrap.

Step Three: Spray with a water bottle several times a day. Keep the kernels moist. You'll get tiny sprouts within the first 2 days. Keep watering!



Step Four: We had grass this tall in 6 days! The kids loved this because the progress was so fast and so easy to observe. Now wouldn't it be cool to have their actual Easter baskets lined with real grass instead of the fake stuff?


Comments

Carrie said…
Great idea! I am totally going to do this because I hadn't the foggiest idea what to do with my wheat berries now that we don't eat wheat.