Mom toys

Who needs Christmas when you have your birthday and your tax return? I'm in heaven with my new toys!

We've been paying $300+ every year for the past few years to get the carpets cleaned. This year I thought we might as well just invest in our own steam cleaner, what with having a dog and a 3-year-old who loves food coloring. It was less than half the price of professional cleaning, this model got over 1200 reviews and averaged 4.5 stars on Amazon.com, and I am still wowed by how well it did my carpets yesterday! (No, it didn't get out the natural Easter egg dye that Sariah spilled, and no, I don't expect it to get out the food coloring either--but for regular old spots, stains, and grunge, it totally did the job. And it was SO easy to use!)


My official birthday present was the Bosch mixer I've been longing for forever. Now I have to figure out how to get my bread to turn out right in it. This morning's attempt resulted in bread that was probably over-kneaded, over-risen, popped over the top while baking, and was under-done. But it still tasted delicious! I'm off to try cookies in it this afternoon!

Comments

One Fish said…
I think a carpet cleaner is a must have with a dog in the house.
Linnea said…
Yay for new toys! If you need help with bread I can teach you what I've learned...
Lisa said…
Thanks, Linnea! I think that it was basically that the Bosch kneaded my bread so much better than I could do by hand, and that made the bread rise faster than I was used to. Next time I won't let it rise so long (my recipe has the bread rise in the pan in a lukewarm oven). And I had the racks too close together, so the bread on the bottom cooked up so high that it ran into the rack above it. The one loaf that turned out perfect got half-eaten by the dog, lol!

My cookies turned out fabulous!