The cute:
The other day Sariah asked me "How does Heavenly Father bring down the snow?" My first inclination was to tell her, but then I remembered that I am trying to not automatically answer all of these questions, but to let her imagination go to work in figuring things out for herself, on her level. So instead, I mused, "I wonder?" She had her own answer right away: "Maybe He has a bucket of snow, and he dumps it down."
Makes sense to me.
This morning she asked me if she could be a noodle for Halloween. I couldn't imagine where she had gotten that idea. Eventually she said in exasperation, "I mean a DOG noodle!"
OK, now I gotcha. "Oh, you mean a POODLE!"
The not-so-cute:
This morning I asked Dallin, who is home sick with strep throat, to take everything off his bed so that I could wash it all.
So he did. Everything. Including the mattress. (Which I later discovered in the process of becoming a slide on which to go down the stairs.)
"But Mom, you said everything!"
The other day Sariah asked me "How does Heavenly Father bring down the snow?" My first inclination was to tell her, but then I remembered that I am trying to not automatically answer all of these questions, but to let her imagination go to work in figuring things out for herself, on her level. So instead, I mused, "I wonder?" She had her own answer right away: "Maybe He has a bucket of snow, and he dumps it down."
Makes sense to me.
This morning she asked me if she could be a noodle for Halloween. I couldn't imagine where she had gotten that idea. Eventually she said in exasperation, "I mean a DOG noodle!"
OK, now I gotcha. "Oh, you mean a POODLE!"
The not-so-cute:
This morning I asked Dallin, who is home sick with strep throat, to take everything off his bed so that I could wash it all.
So he did. Everything. Including the mattress. (Which I later discovered in the process of becoming a slide on which to go down the stairs.)
"But Mom, you said everything!"
Comments