Sariah has been blasting the CD player all day. It's been getting on my nerves. I can only handle listening to music for so long. But as I was crossing the room to turn it off, I realized that she was playing her recorder along with the CD--and, she was keeping the beat almost perfectly. And, she was copying the little rhythmic motive from the song as she played. Nobody taught her to do this, she was just naturally doing it. This is what I love about allowing young children to just experience music informally, as part of their environment. They just "get it"!
Sariah has been blasting the CD player all day. It's been getting on my nerves. I can only handle listening to music for so long. But as I was crossing the room to turn it off, I realized that she was playing her recorder along with the CD--and, she was keeping the beat almost perfectly. And, she was copying the little rhythmic motive from the song as she played. Nobody taught her to do this, she was just naturally doing it. This is what I love about allowing young children to just experience music informally, as part of their environment. They just "get it"!
Comments