I know, this probably bores everyone but me. But hey, I'm always looking for more fun projects for preschoolers, so I figure maybe someone else out there is too.
Not really a craft, but for little ones interested in cutting with scissors, yarn makes for great fun. It's often easier to cut than paper. Sariah likes hers with water, just to make sure the experience is as tactle as possible. Unfortunately for Mom, Sariah's fascination with scissors has led her to cut her hair three times, cut her shirts, cut my favorite Sunday sweater, and cut the dog's hair.These little finger puppets were SO easy, and made a cute addition to our weekly theme of birds. I made an owl that Dallin liked so much, he took it to school for show-and-tell. Who knew?
Today's project: pinecone bird feeders. Way easy. Tie yarn on the pinecones for hangers, spread them with peanut butter, and roll in bird seed. Hang on your trees outdoors, and wait for the birds to show up. Then go back inside and clean up all the birdseed that is covering every square inch of your dining room table and floor. (Note to self: next time do this outside.)

Comments