Sariah's first family picture



Sariah drew her first picture of our family this morning, and I think it's adorable. From left to right, Sariah, Daddy, Mommy, and Dallin. (Having heard that young children draw according to their emotional perceptions of things, I love how she drea Dallin so much smaller than everyone else...) She said that I am the moon, Dallin is a bughead, and she and Daddy are baseballs.

Then she asked for a pair of scissors so she could cut the picture up.  No way was I going to let her cut up her first ever family portrait!  So I hid it.  And she was furious.  Later on, when she asked about it again, I made a photocopy of it and let her cut that up.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

One Fish said…
Quick thinking on the photocopy!
Lisa said…
Heehee, she didn't see me make the photocopy. When I handed it to her, she thought it was the real thing!