What to do with watercolor paintings

I don't know about everybody else, but generally my kids will paint painting after painting, and then I get to figure out what to do with them. Usually they end up in the trash. Not any more! The paintings that Sariah and I have done the past few weeks were easily turned into these cool autumn wall-hangings. All it took was some appropriatey-shaped cookie cutters, scissors, glue, and yarn. These decorations turned out way more beautiful than if I'd cut them out of construction paper. Since I'm spending a bit more to buy heavy watercolor paper, it's nice to know I can get more mileage out of each painting. (And honestly, yes, I'm now more convinced than ever that it really does matter whether or not you buy high-quality art materials. The real watercolor paper makes a HUGE difference in how the color looks. HUGE. But I do limit Sariah to two papers per paint session. If she wants to do more, we get regular paper.)




Posted by Picasa

Comments

One Fish said…
Cute! We have some similar garlands and mobiles at our house.
Carrie said…
That is an awesome idea! I have often wondered what I am going to do with all those art projects that my children will do. I will file this one away. I think you need to write a book of your ideas just for me. I will even pay you for it!