Randomness

Thank goodness for the ward party for making me get Sariah's Halloween costume finished an entire week ahead of time.  I slaved and slaved the past couple of days, but now I can relax!

Thank goodness for Dallin wanting to be a Jazz player for Halloween so I don't have to make or buy anything for his costume.

Thank goodness for my dear, sweet, fellow stake Primary presidency members for watching Sariah during our ward's Primary program today so I could participate.  It melted me almost to tears to see her going from lap to lap basking in the attention of not 1, not 2, but 4 surrogate mommies.

Thank goodness that the Primary program is over.  Even though I only had to play for one song.  Of course, I still have to visit four programs more as part of my calling...

Thank goodness for my calling in the stake Primary.  I love, love, love it!  I feel like I've finally found my groove.  I love seeing the ward music leaders having success with ideas and suggestions I've given them.  I love being said "hello" to by children from all over the stake when I see them at school.  I love it when they say, "Hey, remember when I was in your choir?"  I love getting to know women from all over the stake too.  It is so fun to expand my circle of acquaintances beyond my own ward.  I love the satisfaction of stewing and stressing over a leadership meeting song presentation and having it turn out exactly as I'd hoped.  I love the feeling of seeing a new music leader I'd had concerns about show up to leadership meeting.  And having another music leader who I thought had been avoiding my efforts to train her show up and have a great conversation with me.  I love sitting at the feet of these amazingly talented women I serve with, listening to their ideas, gleaning from their combined experience as Primary presidents... I even love being overwhelmed with their ambitious ideas for meetings and activities and then seeing it all turn out so beautifully in the end.

Thank goodness for Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  In case you didn't know, this is the book that will get your second-grade son to sit down and read for 90 minutes straight--the first "regular" book he's ever read on his own for pleasure.

Thank goodness I'm finally done canning applesauce.  (Yeah, it only took a month...)

Thank goodness I won't be canning anything else until next summer.  (Hopefully I won't talk myself out of it before then.)

Thank goodness Christmas is around the corner, and I can finally start working on all the homemade projects I've been dreaming about!

Thank goodness the past few insanely busy weeks are OVER, and I can (hopefully) catch my breath for at least a few days.  And get my disaster of a house back in some semblance of order.  Fingers crossed that nobody gets sick, even though that's a long shot of a wish since the swine flu is going around the neighborhood and Dallin's Primary class.

Thank goodness I finally had the guts to drop off a bottle of applesauce and a copy of the visiting teaching message to the sister in my ward who I've been visiting teaching for two years, who has been avoiding me for the last year, who has refused any contact for the past six months.  Too bad I didn't have the guts to actually ring the doorbell.   Thank goodness she--amazingly--showed up to the ward party last night and actually talked to me.  Even if it was just the smallest of small talk.   I'm learning so much about the sacrifices and--hopefully--rewards of visiting teaching right now.

Comments