I think life has finally settled back to normal since Dallin got out of the hospital. We'll have a few bumps along the way the next few weeks as he gets ready to go in and have a scope done on his throat on November 6th. But other than that, as long as none of us get swine flu, we should be doin' good! (I kinda think maybe, possibly James had it last week, at least as mild case. He missed two days of work--unheard of for him. He went to the doctor who says he didn't have it, but I'm not convinced. Flu like symptoms, trouble breathing, etc. Hmmm.... )
Anyway, we're mostly back into our routine, and that means we've been celebrating the season. (Autumn, that is.) We have been having so much fun! Sariah and I have been doing preschool-y stuff every day. I have to heartily recommend the most wonderful curriculum. It's a Waldorf-inspired curriculum, but I think it would appeal to a more general audience too. If you're looking for something completely non-academic, nature-based, filled with arts, crafts, stories, fingerplays, poetry, music, etc. than I have to recommend Seasons of Joy (just google it). It's only $15 per season, and comes in e-book form. We've been loving it! It can be done as a formal curriculum, or, in our case, the elements just added in bits and pieces throughout each day and week.
We "wove" this blanket out of old watercolor paintings to go along with a really sweet story about the earth getting ready for winter (which I won't tell you because it's part of the curriculum).
We made and then painted leaf bowls. (Can I just say how much I LOVE my painting boards?!)
We made leaf transparencies and jack-o-lanterns and hung them in the window. (Can you tell which one is Dallin's?)
And this morning we made autumn spice playdough.
Comments