(Scene: the upstairs bathroom, where Sariah has barricaded the door shut by opening a drawer and is inside the bathroom stirring up who-knows-what kind of mischief... We've already bantered back and forth about whether or not she's coming out.)
Me: Sariah, open this door right now. It's time to go on our walk!
Sariah: You have to say, "Little pig, little pig, let me come in!"
Me (losing all motherly authority and dignity): Little pig, little pig, let me come in.
(Silence....)
Me: Please! I'm a nice Big Bad Wolf!
Me again, resorting to trickery: I have something for you! You need to come out and see waht it is! (Yeah, your clothes. So you can get dressed.)
Sariah (peering through the crack in the door), slowly and dramatically: I see some REALLY BIG eyes!
(The door finally opens, and I come in to discover that she has peed on the floor--with a toilet not two feet away--AND cut her hair, just a little bit, thank goodness.)
Me: Sariah, open this door right now. It's time to go on our walk!
Sariah: You have to say, "Little pig, little pig, let me come in!"
Me (losing all motherly authority and dignity): Little pig, little pig, let me come in.
(Silence....)
Me: Please! I'm a nice Big Bad Wolf!
Me again, resorting to trickery: I have something for you! You need to come out and see waht it is! (Yeah, your clothes. So you can get dressed.)
Sariah (peering through the crack in the door), slowly and dramatically: I see some REALLY BIG eyes!
(The door finally opens, and I come in to discover that she has peed on the floor--with a toilet not two feet away--AND cut her hair, just a little bit, thank goodness.)
Comments