No longer a baby. Not even a toddler anymore.
The time has gone so fast! She came into our lives like a whirlwind, and there are days I go to bed feeling like that wind is still blowing strong. She's spunky, she's feisty, she's busy (oh, she's busy)... but she's our sweet, funny RiRi, and I wouldn't trade her for the world!
Happy Birthday, Rizey-cize!
Every gift she opened, she exclaimed, "Oh man!"


Blowing out the candles. The kids had fun using the turrets to hold their ice cream. Sariah, of course, had to have the piece with the princess on it.
What a wonderful day!
Oops, I almost forgot the best gift of all. But first, a little background. Sunday we were driving to church, and alongside the road, some kids had a table set up and they were selling pet rocks. I thought that was hilarious. Dallin, of course, had no idea what pet rocks were, so I explained it to him. Anyway, today he and his friends came in from the garage, where they'd been busy working on something, which was none other than a pet rock for Sariah for her birthday. Only it wasn't a cute little rock. It was a big honkin' piece of concrete or something! They drew a pet face on it, and then--get this--they tied it with a long piece of rope so Sariah would have a leash to take her pet rock for a walk. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! You seriously have to do away with television to get your kids to resort to this kind of creativity!
The time has gone so fast! She came into our lives like a whirlwind, and there are days I go to bed feeling like that wind is still blowing strong. She's spunky, she's feisty, she's busy (oh, she's busy)... but she's our sweet, funny RiRi, and I wouldn't trade her for the world!
She loved the fairy princess skirt (which I was going to make, but am glad I decided to buy!) and the felt crown that I did make. (So easy!) Below that is the building cloth that I hand-dyed along with these cool playclips to make forts with. As a testament to Sariah's busy-ness, my living room carpet is now dyed neon green just like the building cloth. (The cloth is actually a beautiful meadow green. The carpet was not so lucky.)
Oops, I almost forgot the best gift of all. But first, a little background. Sunday we were driving to church, and alongside the road, some kids had a table set up and they were selling pet rocks. I thought that was hilarious. Dallin, of course, had no idea what pet rocks were, so I explained it to him. Anyway, today he and his friends came in from the garage, where they'd been busy working on something, which was none other than a pet rock for Sariah for her birthday. Only it wasn't a cute little rock. It was a big honkin' piece of concrete or something! They drew a pet face on it, and then--get this--they tied it with a long piece of rope so Sariah would have a leash to take her pet rock for a walk. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! You seriously have to do away with television to get your kids to resort to this kind of creativity!
Comments