It's heaven to be SEVEN!

Yep, he did it. He up and had a birthday. Seven years old. I can't believe it! Seven years ago today my little boy was born, and in two days it will mark seven years of motherhood for me. I've now been a mother as long as I was married and childless. Now, that's a milestone!

Dallin wanted a soccer field cake. It was much less work than Sariah's castle, but I was still up till 2:00 am. I don't think I want to see another bag of frosting for a very long time! The "You go boy!" was Dallin's request after he saw it on another cake. I love the little soccer player I fashioned out of gum paste. The goals, made from plastic needlepoint canvas, were sewn together with a needle and thread. (Hey, it worked!)

The real birthday gift hasn't arrived yet, but it will be coming in a few weeks in the form of a dog. Dallin has one picked out, of course. Whether that's the dog that comes home with us remains to be seen.

But a real Jazz jersey (with Deron Williams' name on the back) made a great consolation prize!

Blowing out the candles. All seven of them. (Sniff.)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
I gave you a blog award!

http://3cutekids.blogspot.com/2009/07/lovely-blog-love.html
Carrie said…
How talented are you?! Is there anything that you aren't amazing at? You have seriously become my crunchy mothering idol.
Lisa said…
Aw, thanks! (To both of you!)
One Fish said…
What kind of dog are you getting? I love the cake.
Lisa said…
I don't know what kind of dog it will be. Dallin found one he loves, but I wasn't with them that day, so I'm not sure. It was some kind of mix.