The scene: cleaning up after dinner
I start taking dishes off the table.
Dallin: Hey, let me get it!
I start sweeping the kitchen floor.
Dallin: Me!
(as he takes the broom and sweeps the floor)
The scene: zone cleanup, where we go around the entire house and pick up anything laying around
Me: Sariah, go pick up your toys and put them away.
Dallin: It's OK mom, I already picked up all of Sariah's toys.
Me: Oh, wow, that was nice of you! (spying something of Sariah's lying on the floor) Here, RiRi, go put this away.
Dallin (swooping down to get it before I do): I'll do it for you, RiRi!
This cannot be reality. Two days in a row???
I start taking dishes off the table.
Dallin: Hey, let me get it!
I start sweeping the kitchen floor.
Dallin: Me!
(as he takes the broom and sweeps the floor)
The scene: zone cleanup, where we go around the entire house and pick up anything laying around
Me: Sariah, go pick up your toys and put them away.
Dallin: It's OK mom, I already picked up all of Sariah's toys.
Me: Oh, wow, that was nice of you! (spying something of Sariah's lying on the floor) Here, RiRi, go put this away.
Dallin (swooping down to get it before I do): I'll do it for you, RiRi!
This cannot be reality. Two days in a row???
Comments