Day One

We made it through the first day! It actually went quite well (knock on wood). I prepared the downstairs TV last night by taping a huge piece of posterboard over it. Sariah went to turn on the upstairs TV this morning and started screaming when I told her no, which kind of freaked me out. But once she got over that initial shock, the rest of the day was fine. They didn't even ask for it! I had to laugh, about ten minutes after going downstairs, I found them both in the family room coloring pieces of posterboard with crayons. I asked them what they were doing, and Dallin said that since they couldn't watch TV, they were drawing their own TVs. They worked on their "TV's" off and on throughout the whole day.

The only time I thought Dallin might say something was after lunch. Sariah was asleep and I was dozing on the couch. (Replacing computer time with nap time--great idea!) Dallin came in from outside and said he was tired of playing. He lay down on the couch for quite awhile, and I KNOW he wanted to watch TV. I could see it in his eyes. But he didn't even ask. I was very proud of him!

We stayed busy, and that made all the difference. We have a lot planned this week in order to ease the pain. I can't believe I made it the entire day with no computer! I have not done that in probably 8.5 years, except when we've been out of town. (OK, I have to admit, I did cheat a little bit. But not until evening! James took the kids over to the church for a few minutes, and I had to be on the computer typing some things for my Family Home Evening lesson, and I took a peek at my email. I definitely need Dallin around to keep me honest!)

Comments