Day 2

This seems too good to be true; day two of No-TV went soooo well! Dallin did mention twice, in a rather resigned voice, that he wished he could watch some TV. And he did get mad when he found out that I check my email after he goes to bed. But other than that, the day could not possibly have gone better. Swimming lessons and a trip to the library helped a lot. Then he played outside catching bugs and earthworms and damming up the gutter next to the street with rocks in order to collect more rain water. Exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping he would do without television.

It's to early to tell if this is because we're not watching TV, but Sariah's behavior was so nice today! Sariah has been a supreme challenge lately, hitting, pinching, backtalk, tantrums, etc. She's been wearing me out. She was still her normal, almost-3-year-old self, but so much happier and mellower today.

It is easier for me to give the children my attention and focus when I'm not constantly thinking about when I can next get on the computer (or when I'm not on the computer telling them, "Just a minute...."). It really has been very freeing.

Comments