The writer

Dallin loves writing right now. He was so proud to take us to Author's Night at school last night and show us the book he had written about himself. He currently has two other major projects underway at home.


1. Door signs. Yep, we've reached the age of "No Girls Allowed". Dallin apparently wants to make absolute sure that anyone of the female persuasion knows that she is NOT allowed anywhere in or near his room. Here is the message that took up several pieces of paper and now covers almost the entire door:

NO NO Girls aloud no girl no yes boy yes only boys rock boys yes yes

NO Girls ALOUD.
AND iNCLuDINg moms.
ONly BOy'S.

AND NO little kisD OR BABYS.

Girls SOCCeR
SOCK (he originally wrote "girl's suck", but when informed that this was not appropriate, he changed it to "girl's soccer" and "sock".)

NO Girls
NO
BOY'S rocK
yes

even MOM (despite the interesting placement of this statement, I think that he means that I DON'T rock.)

ONly ANNA ciyly AND ANgel AND NOA Brice AND ethen

theys Are the ONly Girl's Are Allowd ANNA ANd kiyly

ONly if mOM hAs to fix something.

ONly iF I SAy She CAN I AM the oNly oNe ALAD ONly iF I SAy


2. A little book, I think modelled after the one he wrote in school, although the topic is different:

the oNe thinge iN the world I Like the most

the ONe thiNg in the world I Like the most is soccer becAuse it is fun ANd I have Never mist a goule I theNK I hAve mAde About 100 Goules iT is verey fuN it is Asome

ANd I Like BAsketbAll to BecAuse I Get to Shout hopes

the ONe thinG I DONt Like is my SundAy close.

I AM A very Good in fact i Am traneg iN A 50 yArd miyil ruN.

the ANmil I Like the most is a TiAGer becAuse I Like its schips.

Comments

Savannah said…
That is so cute. I think its so much fun when they enter new stages of life. They learn so much and really do a good job putting the knowledge into their daily lives. I'm glad you are invited in his room when things need fixed. If you get desperate, maybe you can get a friend to break something for you so you can have an easy in.