This morning I was sitting next to Sariah while she drew chicken scratch all over her paper. As is typical, she grabbed another piece of paper and went for what I thought was round #2 of scribbling. But then I happened to look over and see what I've posted below.
I was so shocked! She actually drew something! Can you see two round circles--two bodies? And the assorted arms and legs sticking out of those bodies? (The arms are way up at the top of the circles.) And the eyes--lots of them? And the mouths? (Or, as she put it, the "smile".) She knew exactly what she was doing. She took another piece of paper and drew a few more of these. Can you guess what they are? They are monsters.
I was so shocked! She actually drew something! Can you see two round circles--two bodies? And the assorted arms and legs sticking out of those bodies? (The arms are way up at the top of the circles.) And the eyes--lots of them? And the mouths? (Or, as she put it, the "smile".) She knew exactly what she was doing. She took another piece of paper and drew a few more of these. Can you guess what they are? They are monsters.
She's 2 years and 10 months old.

Comments