By golly, we did it!

Planted a garden, that is.

For years now, I've been feeling the guilt. And every year, I keep telling myself that "next year will be the year". Well, I finally decided that we just needed to buckle down and do it. I'm still not sure this garden will survive either the 2-year-old assistant gardener or my own burnout about mid-July. But we made it this far!











Dallin was only moderately interested in helping. He came and went at his own leisure. Sariah, however, was INTO it, especially today when we did the actual planting. She didn't even leave my side. It was fun doing this together, but I'm a bit scared that she'll be wanting to take over the gardening when I'm not around. She was really mad that I would not let her water the squares that had just been seeded.

Comments

Stacy said…
How funny! We planted a garden for the very first time this year too, and the girls are fascinated! Lets just say we're going to be eating a lot of spinach and lettuce in the next few weeks.
mandamike said…
i LOVE having a garden. We finally planted a few more things today. We usually try to have everything in the ground by Mother's day, but I wasn't feeling it this year :)

Good luck with your garden! (and your little helper, I have the same deal) :)
Jen said…
The only thing we can consistently keep alive and fruitful is tomatoes...but we keep trying!