A nighttime funny

Last night Sariah was having a fussy night, so James ended up laying down with her and sleeping in her bed. She was restless for much of the night. (We found out this morning that she had been coming down with a cold.) She was constantly rolling and kicking, then waking up and fussing at him. "Your leg is in my way!" "I need a drink!" "I'm cold!" "You took my blankie!" and on and on. Finally, she settled down for a couple of hours' sleep.

Then, at about 4:00 am, she woke again, whimpering. James groggily asked her what what she needed.

Her answer: "Sing me a song, Daddy!"

And he did.

Comments

Linnea said…
Cute. So--what song?
One Fish said…
Now there is a level of patience I just don't possess.
Lisa said…
Well, he tried to tell her no, it was 4:00 am and she needed to go back to sleep...but she was on the verge of an all-out scream-fest, and he decided they'd all get back to sleep much quicker if he just sang the dang song.

And you have to feel sorry for them when you can tell they don't feel well. :)
Lisa said…
Oh, and I don't know which song. Her favorite is Jingle Bells, though. We have to sing it every time she's in charge of the song for Family Home Evening.