How can I raise $16,000 really quickly?

Don't you hate when an incredible opportunity comes along but you are in no position to take it? I got a flier in the mail today from a music store in northern Utah telling me that because the economy is so bad, they are selling several of their church model organs for half price. That's right, 50% off. It doesn't sound like a very big deal until you realize that a $32,000 organ (the exact one I've been wanting) is now only $16,000! That is an unbelievably incredible deal that simply will not come around again, at least not by the time I get that kind of money to spend. Sigh.

It's too bad that the same economy that hit the organ builder has also hit me!

Comments

Jen said…
When this first started loading I thought your post was going to be about adoption. :) An Organ would be awesome! At least you can play at the church though. I've lost all my bassoon playing ability because I don't have anything to practice with. You don't find those sitting around in the church. lol
Lisa said…
No, but it's a huge pain to have to go to the church to practice, and so I rarely do. The disadvantage to the organ is that it's so not portable. And to buy one is so incredibly expensive.
One Fish said…
I think a kidney will go for about 16k on the black market.
Linnea said…
I know someone in town selling an organ. I haven't seen it but maybe it's worth a look?...
Lisa said…
My previous attempts at buying used organs have proved to be complete wastes of money, so I've decided that only new will do. :) I will just have to wait until that day comes. These organs I saw advertised are both 3-manual organs that would be great for playing/teaching concert literature. They are truly amazing and the price tag is unbeatable.
Stacy said…
Sad.... You know, seeing this post makes me feel better about how much violins cost. At least I'm not the only one who could easily drop 16k on an instrument!