One of my sisters-in-law wanted me to post pictures of my new bedding, courtesy of my birthday and good old Uncle Sam (we got a nice tax return this year).
When I was a child, I frequently checked out back issues of Architectural Digest from the public library. Throughout most of my teen years, I planned to study interior design in college. So why, then, is it so hard for me to decorate my home? I stewed and stewed over the selection of this bedding, and I'm not sure I got it 100% right!
Part of the problem might be that shopping for something like bedding while trying to keep a 2-year-old entertained is a tough job. Yeah, there's nothing like chasing your toddler while she races around the aisles of the Home section at Dillards, hoping against hope that she doesn't knock over some gorgeous display of Very. Expensive. China before you can catch her. I actually had to make two trips to Salt Lake. On the first trip, I got the coverlet and the pillow shams, which I had seen in a catalogue but wanted to check out in person before making a commitment. However, they didn't have the bedskirt in stock, so I had to order that. I saw the perfect sheets at JC Penney, but naturally, only kings were available in the store. When I tried to order them online, I found they were back-ordered until the end of March. I am not know for being a patient person--I wanted to see my bedroom redone right then and there! So, Sariah and I planned a second trip to Salt Lake. The second trip involved at least four stores, making one selection and returning it an hour later because I just wasn't sure the sheets were the right color, and then, naturally again, ending up ordering the second color of sheets online because they didn't have any queens available.
So today the new sheets arrived, and I'm still not entirely sure they're the right color. Picking colors is the hardest thing for me, and I have made so many mistakes in my house already (though I do get compliments on my paint colors downstairs, so apparently I can pick colors at least some of the time). Looking at these photos, the color combinations look rather nice, so maybe I did do alright (or maybe it's just the way the colors look on my monitor).
Anybody have ideas for paint colors for my very plain walls? I would love to do a paler version of the sheet color, but with the possibility of selling the house, I think something along the lines of the ecru in the crochet would probably be wiser. But I definitely need more blue accents to round things out!When I was a child, I frequently checked out back issues of Architectural Digest from the public library. Throughout most of my teen years, I planned to study interior design in college. So why, then, is it so hard for me to decorate my home? I stewed and stewed over the selection of this bedding, and I'm not sure I got it 100% right!
Part of the problem might be that shopping for something like bedding while trying to keep a 2-year-old entertained is a tough job. Yeah, there's nothing like chasing your toddler while she races around the aisles of the Home section at Dillards, hoping against hope that she doesn't knock over some gorgeous display of Very. Expensive. China before you can catch her. I actually had to make two trips to Salt Lake. On the first trip, I got the coverlet and the pillow shams, which I had seen in a catalogue but wanted to check out in person before making a commitment. However, they didn't have the bedskirt in stock, so I had to order that. I saw the perfect sheets at JC Penney, but naturally, only kings were available in the store. When I tried to order them online, I found they were back-ordered until the end of March. I am not know for being a patient person--I wanted to see my bedroom redone right then and there! So, Sariah and I planned a second trip to Salt Lake. The second trip involved at least four stores, making one selection and returning it an hour later because I just wasn't sure the sheets were the right color, and then, naturally again, ending up ordering the second color of sheets online because they didn't have any queens available.
So today the new sheets arrived, and I'm still not entirely sure they're the right color. Picking colors is the hardest thing for me, and I have made so many mistakes in my house already (though I do get compliments on my paint colors downstairs, so apparently I can pick colors at least some of the time). Looking at these photos, the color combinations look rather nice, so maybe I did do alright (or maybe it's just the way the colors look on my monitor).
I love coverlets! I originally wanted matelasse--this has the look of matelasse, but is quilted and has a nicer feel. I didn't originally intend on crocheted anything, but fell in love with it when I saw it in the catalogue! I splurged on 500 threadcount sheets--I want to feel like I'm sleeping in a fancy hotel! They're a bit more "sateen" then I planned on, but oh well.

Comments