Dallin is the Star of the Week this week in his first grade class. He gets all kinds of special privileges like getting to help his teacher pass out papers and having his picture posted on the classroom bulletin board. Tomorrow is the highlight of the week, where the class gets to sit down and learn all about Dallin. Dallin has to bring in a bag filled with objects that tell about himself.
I started dreaming about this the minute he brought the letter home, and imagining to myself some of the things that would be included in the sack. The only problem is, Dallin didn't think much of my ideas. I thought he should take one of his piano books, because he is probably the only kid in his class who is taking piano, and how cool is that? Nope. He nipped that idea in the bud right quick, no matter how many sneaky ways I tried to keep presenting it to him.
I then starting going through all our photos to find the cutest baby and toddler pictures. But alas, he informed me that he wasn't taking any pictures. At. All. I tried to tell him that the letter from his teacher specifically stated that pictures were a great thing to include. That bit of information did nothing to impress him. So unfortunately, not only will his class and teacher not get to see how cute my little baby was, but my other sneaky idea of putting in the picture of him playing at his piano recital last spring had to be discarded too.
Some things I knew were givens. Dallin loves soccer and is proud of his playing ability, so of course there would be some memento of his experiences this past fall. I also figured that a basketball would make it's way into my little Star's presentation as well. But two basketballs? And a miniature Jazz uniform? And a baseball and a football? He also put in the case from his Wii game. And his plastic tiger head that opens and shuts, a souvenir from our trip to Vegas last summer.
He technically wasn't telling the truth about No Pictures Allowed because one very special picture did make it into the bag--the xray of his teeth that he got at the dentist today. Which, I must admit, was a very cool and interesting thing to include.
Moms and boys may not be on the same page about some things in life, but this mom sure is proud of her boy and who he is becoming!
I started dreaming about this the minute he brought the letter home, and imagining to myself some of the things that would be included in the sack. The only problem is, Dallin didn't think much of my ideas. I thought he should take one of his piano books, because he is probably the only kid in his class who is taking piano, and how cool is that? Nope. He nipped that idea in the bud right quick, no matter how many sneaky ways I tried to keep presenting it to him.
I then starting going through all our photos to find the cutest baby and toddler pictures. But alas, he informed me that he wasn't taking any pictures. At. All. I tried to tell him that the letter from his teacher specifically stated that pictures were a great thing to include. That bit of information did nothing to impress him. So unfortunately, not only will his class and teacher not get to see how cute my little baby was, but my other sneaky idea of putting in the picture of him playing at his piano recital last spring had to be discarded too.
Some things I knew were givens. Dallin loves soccer and is proud of his playing ability, so of course there would be some memento of his experiences this past fall. I also figured that a basketball would make it's way into my little Star's presentation as well. But two basketballs? And a miniature Jazz uniform? And a baseball and a football? He also put in the case from his Wii game. And his plastic tiger head that opens and shuts, a souvenir from our trip to Vegas last summer.
He technically wasn't telling the truth about No Pictures Allowed because one very special picture did make it into the bag--the xray of his teeth that he got at the dentist today. Which, I must admit, was a very cool and interesting thing to include.
Moms and boys may not be on the same page about some things in life, but this mom sure is proud of her boy and who he is becoming!
Comments