I like my friend Brenda's idea of calling them "ideas" instead of goals. I'm aware that my life could be totally turned upside down this year if we 1) move and 2) get a new baby, so I'm hesitant to completely prescribe what my year will look like in terms of getting things accomplished.
1) Jump back on the gentle discipline bandwagon yet again. I think I have to make this a goal several times a year! A couple of things I really want to work on include cutting down on how much I vent/gossip about my kids to other people and working through ideas in the book Adventures in Gentle Discipline. (I'll save specifics for another post.)
2) I really want to be able to carve out time on a weekly basis to practice the organ, particularly improvisation, and to compose music.
3) I have several new hobbies and projects in mind: Learn heirloom sewing. Make a simple coming-home outfit for a new baby (which will mean two, one for a boy and one for a girl since I probably won't know ahead of time). Make Sariah a quilt for her bed for her birthday. Make more homemade gifts. I'm thinking beanbags for Easter baskets. Fairy skirt for Sariah's birthday.
4) Do better and stopping to play with my kids and spend time with them. I tend to be the mom who likes her kids to play by themselves so she can get things done. I'd like to improve myself here.
1) Jump back on the gentle discipline bandwagon yet again. I think I have to make this a goal several times a year! A couple of things I really want to work on include cutting down on how much I vent/gossip about my kids to other people and working through ideas in the book Adventures in Gentle Discipline. (I'll save specifics for another post.)
2) I really want to be able to carve out time on a weekly basis to practice the organ, particularly improvisation, and to compose music.
3) I have several new hobbies and projects in mind: Learn heirloom sewing. Make a simple coming-home outfit for a new baby (which will mean two, one for a boy and one for a girl since I probably won't know ahead of time). Make Sariah a quilt for her bed for her birthday. Make more homemade gifts. I'm thinking beanbags for Easter baskets. Fairy skirt for Sariah's birthday.
4) Do better and stopping to play with my kids and spend time with them. I tend to be the mom who likes her kids to play by themselves so she can get things done. I'd like to improve myself here.
Comments