How do you start the new year off with a bang? Have a huge slumber party with 12 kids, 10 adults, and one large dog. We got together with all my family at Aunt K and Uncle S's house last night. We started out with a dinner of fajitas and salad, the segued into board games and all-night Wii tournaments. Dallin beat all his uncles at bowling, just as he'd been threatening to do. I"d been a bit worried about what would happen if he lost, but it turned out that wasn't a problem!
Midnight came and believe it or not, all the kids except Sariah, baby A, and baby R were still awake (even the two 4-year-olds, one 5-year-old, and three 6-year olds). We celebrated with hot chocolate and toppings. Then we all settled down on air mattresses to attempt to get some sleep last night. James found two little boys wandering around downstairs at 1:30 am. Yes, one of them happened to have a name that started with D and ended with -allin.
Then we gathered for a huge pancake, egg, sausage, and bacon breakfast, after which all the adults basically vegged and tried to pretend like they'd had a good night's sleep, while all the kids ran in circles all over the house playing hide-n-seek. We got home and Sariah and I crashed and took a 3-hour nap. I still don't feel ready to meet the new year! Resolutions? Bah, I just want to sleep. Talk to me about resolutions tomorrow.
All the kids in their party gear.Midnight came and believe it or not, all the kids except Sariah, baby A, and baby R were still awake (even the two 4-year-olds, one 5-year-old, and three 6-year olds). We celebrated with hot chocolate and toppings. Then we all settled down on air mattresses to attempt to get some sleep last night. James found two little boys wandering around downstairs at 1:30 am. Yes, one of them happened to have a name that started with D and ended with -allin.
Then we gathered for a huge pancake, egg, sausage, and bacon breakfast, after which all the adults basically vegged and tried to pretend like they'd had a good night's sleep, while all the kids ran in circles all over the house playing hide-n-seek. We got home and Sariah and I crashed and took a 3-hour nap. I still don't feel ready to meet the new year! Resolutions? Bah, I just want to sleep. Talk to me about resolutions tomorrow.
A great picture of Sariah--this is her true personality!
A rip-roaring game of Chutes and Ladders with Dallin and his cousins.
Sariah with Aunt K and her trusty dog (I won't even begin to try to spell his name). Sariah was scared of him at first, but after the first few hours was enjoying chasing--or being chased by--him all over the house.
Honestly, I don't have any resolutions for 2009, and I usually do set some goals. There is just too much up in the air. 2009 does look to be a year of huge changes (though that's what I thought about last year too, and then nothing really ended up happening). Hopefully we will be making a move this year to somewhere. And there's a strong possibility that a new baby might make our way home this year, if we can ever get that danged paperwork finished. I'm hoping for a short wait simply due to the fact that I am getting way. too. old. to do this much longer!

Comments