'Twas the Day Before Christmas...

...and everything unraveled. (Well, sort of.)

This is where you let go of all your "perfect" expectations and just go with the flow. Flow is good, right?

I didn't want any Christmas Eve surprises, so last night I insisted that we take our new Wii out of the box and make sure it was compatible with our television. Good thing we did, because it's not. Apparently we need working remote to actually "input" things. (I'm not sure if that's the right terminology, but I'm going with it.) James made a trip to Walgreens at 11:00 pm to buy a universal remote to see if we could program things to work with the Wii. We couldn't get the remote to work to do anything other than change channels. So James is now on his way to Salt Lake to buy a new TV.

Then, he calls me on the cell phone a few minutes ago to tell me that Dallin found the Wii box this morning. There goes our Santa gift. (Luckily, I think James might have another option up his sleeve.)

And this morning, as we're sitting at breakfast, Dallin calls out, "Hey Dad, we got you an electric toothbrush for Christmas!"

After I shot him a look that could kill, he tried to back track. "Oops, just joking! You're not getting an electric toothbrush."

Yeah, flow is good.

Comments

Linnea said…
ha ha ha ha ha ha .............

Still laughing............

ha ha ha ha ha.............

V and I and Ev and Et really had a chuckle!!! Also Ev and Et want to come over to YOUR house after Christmas--on account of the Wii--exciting stuff!
Lisa said…
The more I think about it, the more I'm not 100% convinced that James is telling the truth about Dallin finding the Wii. James has a habit of trying to play with my mind like that. I've had that Wii hidden for 3 months, and James stashed it in a place where I've had gifts stashed for weeks (though the Wii label was out in plain sight). But it does seem funny that Dallin would find it in just a matter of a few hours.

Hmmm. I guess I won't know the truth until tonight...or maybe tomorrow morning!