Seasonal Scenes

Isn't this the essence of the holiday season?

Now for the "behind the scenes" view:
For someone who said my undipped truffles looked like poop, she sure did have a good time licking the spoon! And I had a good time keeping the spoon away from anything I didn't want ruined.

FYI: Finely chopped hazelnuts are really, really messy! So is finely chopped baking chocolate. Especially when 2-year-old helpers want to, well, help. (Note: the mess is not confined to the area within the camera's view. Now, that would take a really wide-angled lens!)

The aftermath, where I begin to wonder if making these goodies was actually worth it.

I actually started all this a week ago and then got kinda burnt out. However, I spent so much money on all the supplies that I figured I'd better finish the job.

P.S. The almond nougat is really, really, really to-die-for! Even if you need a hacksaw to cut it out of the pan. Which is why it sat in the pan for a week.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Laine said…
"my truffles looked like poop"....hahahahahahaaa! she sounds like cassidy!