Gingerbread, gingerbread, and more gingerbread

Yeah, I know... Most people decorate gingerbread houses before Christmas. But Uncle M and his little girl M weren't coming until after Christmas, and we didn't want them to miss out, so we decided to do it late. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about that. I wondered if I would be in the mood once Christmas was over. But since this Christmas season seemed unusually short to me, I was actually kind of glad that we got to extend it by a few days.

One huge advantage--all the candy was marked down! As a result, we had wads and wads of candy, and a lot of it was never even put on the table.

Advantage #2--I scored a gingerbread house kit for 25 cents! I think it was placed in the wrong bin, because as I was leaving the store, I saw the manager taking all the kits out of that bin. But hey, they had to give it to me because that is what it was marked.

Sariah didn't get much further than this before she decided that running around was more fun than sititng in a chair putting candy on a house. She was quite upset that I wouldn't let her do the frosting all by herself.

Dallin did a fabulous job! What a difference it makes when you a) use real gingerbread instead of graham crackers and b) put all the houses together ahead of time and let them dry. He didn't want any help at all either, and I was so impressed by how meticulously he decorated his house.

Dallin's creation.

All tlhe counsins' masterpieces make quite the little Christmas village.

Comments