A Happy Halloween

First stop--our house! Sariah's costume was a bargain from last year. I bought two costumes for $5 each at a consignment store. So last year she was a pink poodle, and this year she was a lion, though she kept telling everyone she was going to be a tiger. She got the "rawr" down, though.

Dallin and I had battles about what he was going to be. He wanted a much scarrier look than I thought as appropriate for a 6-year-old. He was going for the grim reaper/grotesque demon/ "The Scream" look. We finally settled on an alien. It was just scary enough for him, and tame enough for me. Though after choosing the costume, he told me he needed one more thing to go with it, and then proceeded to go over the the next aisle and choose a huge dagger. He just wouldn't believe me when I told him that aliens don't carry daggers.

I think he felt like he had accomplished what he set out to do when Sariah took one look at him with his mask on and started to cry!

There IS a face under there!

Checking out Mr. Jack O' Lantern.


Off they go! They both had a grand time, though Sariah got a bit scared by the spooky music and scary decorations at some of the houses. Dallin was in heaven, though!

Sariah shows off her stash. The best thing she got was a small can of playdough. She was far more interested in that than in any of her candy, though candy was a pretty good prize too, as you can plainly see.
We also got the chance to see the influence of public school rearing its head in this form:
Trick or treat, smell my feet
give me something good to eat.
If you don't, I don't care
I'll pull down your underwear.
Oh the joy. (Dallin is incredulous when I tell him that these rhymes were around when I was a kid.)
Even Sariah has caught on. Here's her version:
Trick or treat
Something good to eat
Pull your underwear down




Comments