I finally relented last week and let Dallin start decorating for Halloween. I have nothing about decorating early, but was just too lazy to go down to the basement and dig out all the stuff. After hearing about how EVERYBODY in the neighborhood had their Halloween stuff up except US, I decided I'd better get with the program. After all, who wants to be left in the Halloween dust!
You know you're a good mom when you resist the urge to reorganize the Halloween door decorations to make a more symmetrical presentation. This screams: "I let my kids do it themselves!" (Dallin had to learn this lesson too--he really didn't think the pumpkin should hang out down there all by itself, but Mom insisted that Sariah got to have a turn to put a decoration on the door, anywhere she wanted, just like her big brother. )We had the same arguments when it came to the gel clings on the front window: Dallin was a man with an artistic plan; Sariah wanted to do her part, but didn't necessarily have the same vision in mind. Somehow, we managed to keep the arguments to a dull roar. (Though we did have to make a second trip to the store to replace all the gel clings that Sariah ripped...)
Here's the master at work! (With the apprentice at his side.)

Comments