This afternoon after James and I got home from Midway, we loaded up the kids and headed across town to our favorite "pick-your-own" pumpkin patch, only to find the gate closed and locked with a sign posted saying that the patch was closed for the year due to frost that had ruined all the rest of the pumpkins. Picking pumpkins is one of my favorite things to do in the month of October. Choosing one from the pile outside the grocery store just isn't quite the same, but here we are anyway:
I'm also bummed that we haven't been able to get out to pick leaves this year either. You need to be able to plan a couple of hours to make it worth going up the canyon, and we've either had other things that had to be done, sick kids, bad weather, or you name it. We just haven't been able to do it. I know there's still time, but Dallin's school holiday is on Monday and there would be no time to dry them before then. I think we'll still make an outing of it on Monday anyway... but I wish we had nice flat leaves all ready to create things with.

Comments