Gee, it's awfully quiet upstairs...


I've learned that when the house is too quiet, there is often trouble brewing. So, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the mischief this time only extended to Sariah's dismantling of the bookshelf I had just straightened. And I couldn't resist her heart-melting answer to my query of "What are you doing?" "I readeen' books! I like books, Mommy!"

Ten minutes later, I wasn't quite so lucky. Once again, the house seemed eerily silent. As I hit the top of the stairs, I could hear water running in my bathroom sink, and a feeling of mild concern came over me. That feeling quickly progressed to panic as I came into my bathroom to find the sink (which already had a clog due to somebody's fascination with putting hairbands down it) overflowing with water. For some reason, whoever built the said sink didn't put a second drain at the top of it, so water had long since flooded the top of the bowl and was ALL OVER my counter and floor. ALL OVER. If my countertops were bare, that wouldn't be such a problem, but no, they were cluttered, as usual, with makeup, hair bows, and a myriad of other odds and ends. What a mess! And other than putting towels everywhere, all I can do is wait for the sink to very slowly drain.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

One Fish said…
Why do I feel like this scene is in my very near future? I think A and S are two peas on a pod.