Story Time

Tonight at bedtime, Sariah asked to read books. I chose "Go Dog, Go!" We got to the part where the dogs are going away in cars, going away fast. The question the book posed was, "Where are the dogs going?" Sariah immediately answered, "Party!" I couldn't believe it. We still had several pages to go before the dogs actually made it to the party at the top of the tree. We've only read that book 3 or 4 other times, and not for awhile. When we have read the book, she's usually gotten bored toward the end and we've skipped a bunch of pages. I was shocked that she remembered that the dogs would be going to a party. And then, after we read the page about the party, before I could even turn to the next page, she said, "Like hat?" Sure enough, we turned the page and read the words, "Do you like my hat?"

Maybe my memory is just fuzzy from four years ago when I would have been reading this book with Dallin, but she just seems young to be putting all these things together. She loves books.

Comments