Isn't it nice, in the middle of all the muck that can be motherhood, when you have those sweet little moments that make you think maybe you're doing something right after all?
We went to the park this morning for my stake primary presidency meeting. We have our meeting under the pavilion while the kids play on the playground. One of the wards in our stake was actually having their primary party there at the same time, so there were tons of kids, leaders, and parents there. I was actually having a bit of trouble keeping an eye on Dallin and Sariah because there were so many kids, and kept having to leave our meeting to make sure I knew where Sariah was and that she wasn't falling off the play structure. (The child has NO fear! None at all!)
There was a woman there with a dog, and my two children spent quite a bit of time hanging around her since they are obsessed with dogs right now. When my meeting was over, I went to gather them up, and this is what the woman said:
"Your children are so nice to each other!"
She sounded genuinely shocked. I laughingly told her that she should have been at our house yesterday, when the fighting had seemed non-stop the whole day long.
She went on to tell me how cute they were and how impressed that they took such good care of each other and were so well-behaved.
It made my day!
(Even though I know the real story!)
We went to the park this morning for my stake primary presidency meeting. We have our meeting under the pavilion while the kids play on the playground. One of the wards in our stake was actually having their primary party there at the same time, so there were tons of kids, leaders, and parents there. I was actually having a bit of trouble keeping an eye on Dallin and Sariah because there were so many kids, and kept having to leave our meeting to make sure I knew where Sariah was and that she wasn't falling off the play structure. (The child has NO fear! None at all!)
There was a woman there with a dog, and my two children spent quite a bit of time hanging around her since they are obsessed with dogs right now. When my meeting was over, I went to gather them up, and this is what the woman said:
"Your children are so nice to each other!"
She sounded genuinely shocked. I laughingly told her that she should have been at our house yesterday, when the fighting had seemed non-stop the whole day long.
She went on to tell me how cute they were and how impressed that they took such good care of each other and were so well-behaved.
It made my day!
(Even though I know the real story!)
Comments