Isn't she beautiful? Gotta love those curls! (I took this before church last Sunday.)
Potty-training update: it ain't happening. She went gung-ho for 3 days and has since refused to do anything. However, she loves to take her diaper off, tell me she needs to go potty, and then proceed to practice flushing the big toilet. She also wants to play with the toilet brush and throw lots and lots of toilet paper into the big potty. And she likes to have us hold her on the big potty. But she now refuses to put anything in either potty (except for lots and lots of toilet paper). I'm not sure what to do now. Normally I would not push a thing, but now I know that she is perfectly capable of doing it, because she did it for 3 days. I'm debating whether to lower myself to the point of bribes and give her candy for going in the potty.Posted by Picasa
Sariahspeak:
Fivewatters (fly swatter)
Ginggown (play ground)
sicklepox (popsicle)
Beepbelt (seatbelt)--and believe me, she's the seatbelt police in our family
Wahgeet (yogurt)
Keppuzz (ketchup)

Comments

Melissa said…
I feel your pain! It is frustrating knowing that they know what to do and how to do it but still refuse. Between age 19mos and 26 mos Tessa knew but refused so I dropped it. At 26mos I pushed it about half the time, usually when I could tell she needed to. Then all of a sudden, at 30 mos, she would tell me that she needed to and was keeping a diaper dry during naps and waking up at night to tell me she needed to! I was in shock at how "ready" she was, finally. There are still accidents of course, but we are well on our way! My advice would be, encourage but don't push or bribe, because it won't make a difference anyway until she is ready, if she's anything like Tessa. :)
Lisa said…
Thanks, Melissa! We're back at it again, all of her own volition. I'm trying really hard not to push. I keep telling myself that it's potty learning, not potty training.