We're ba-ack!

We just got back tonight from our week in Colorado. It's 11:30 pm, and I've got to get to bed, but I can't wait to post photos from our trip. We had so much fun! I highly recommend Aspen as a vacation destination! My only advice would be to go at least a few weeks later in the season. There were many things we were hoping to do, but a lot of them didn't open for another week or two. Oh well, we would have needed a few more days to fit it all in, plus we saved a lot of money this way.

Anyway, here is the first installment of vacation pictures--the trip there. We stopped at a nice park along the Colorado River in Fruita to eat lunch. There were ducks! Dallin and Sariah wanted desperately to see the ducks close up, but the ducks had other ideas. I took these hilarious photos of the kids chasing the ducks. They ran and ran and ran, but the faster and farther they ran, the faster the ducks took off to get away from them. Finally, the ducks headed into the lake and the children had to give up on any dreams of petting or feeding them.



More photos and details of our trip will follow tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Laine said…
We were so close Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah well, next time.
Lisa said…
I know! When I first planned this trip, I really wanted to go on to Denver, but it would have meant too much more money (dang gas prices!)
Laine said…
We were literally about one hour from each other - we were in Breckenridge at the same time.